Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pinterest Win

I went thrifting this weekend with a good friend and found a ton of stuff! I'll post my second haul video at the end of this post - it's things for husband and my nephew rather than for myself this time around!



Anyways, I bought a few shirts for myself, including this super soft, loose, brand-new shirt from Kohl's. I tried it on and debated about it for a while but ultimately decided to get it. So as I always do, I stuck all the clothes in the washer immediately when I got home. After it all came out of the dryer, I noticed the tag of doom on my brand-new shirt:



dry clean only.


TRAGEDY. I tried the shirt on and it had shrunk in length a good 3-4 inches and was now tight instead of loose. UGH. So I took to Pinterest and found a bunch of pins that recommended soaking the shirt in hair conditioner and lukewarm water, then stretching it out on a towel to the size it should be and letting it air dry.



So I filled the sink, pumped a ton of conditioner in, and let the shirt soak for about 15 minutes. I felt like I wasn't doing much good when I was stretching it out, so after about 10 minutes of stretching, husband was like "I think that's as good as it's going to get..." It dried overnight and it actually worked! It's not the shape it was originally, but it's definitely longer and a little looser. Plus it smells really good. (Thanks, Pantene!) I really don't know what to do with it now, though. Can I wash it again? I definitely won't be drying it in the dryer, and I hope it's washer-safe... This is why I don't buy nice things.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Emily!! You are seriously the cutest thing ever showing off all your nephew's clothes!! I love watching your haul videos and reading your blog! I definitely need to go thrift shopping with you! Sounds like you know all the great stores! Love how thrifty and detail oriented you are!!

    Love ya!!
    Sarah P (Gracie Lou)

    P.S. - The brand Jumping Beans is from Kohl's and it is absolutely my favorite go-to kids clothing line! They are great quality, affordable and super cute! Sometimes they have shirts with "googly eyes" sewn on them with animals or friendly monsters and they are ADORABLE and my kids absolutely LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete