Monday, August 11, 2014

The Band Life House {finale}

We got the response from the sellers and it wasn't what we were hoping for, although it was more than we expected. Because of the long list of things they were asked to fix, they decided to save money by not hiring professionals to make the repairs, and we don't want issues down the road with the safety of the house due to work not being completed correctly. We slept on it and made the incredibly difficult decision to walk away. As much as I love that house, I know that it's more important to have it structurally sound and neither party has the money available to make that happen right now. I 100% trust my husband's judgment and I'm so thankful I can rely on him to be the leader of our family in situations like this!

So where are we now? Back to the house hunt, unfortunately. We've looked at over a dozen houses and put in two offers - I feel like we're becoming pros in the worst way! Luckily, we still have quite a few houses that we're excited to see and hopefully one of those pans out!

No comments:

Post a Comment