Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ipsy Favies

I kept seeing all my friends post about Ipsy on social media and I knew I wanted to try it, but when I went to sign up, it kept asking me to bug my friends with invites to get their own Ipsy bags. I decided it wasn't worth it, so I ignored their requests, and after about four months they just started sending me the bags anyway. Emily 1, Ipsy marketing 0.

So the way Ipsy works, you take a personalized style quiz and they will send you sample sizes of products that match your style, preferences, and skin and hair tones, all for $10 a month. I've fallen in love with quite a few of these products in the last six months, but the bad part about Ipsy is that most of these products are pretty expensive to get from the store. Such struggles I have :) The bags are always really cute, and most of the products I get are things I will use a lot! (The bright purple lip gloss, not so much...) Here are some of my recent Ipsy faves!

Balancedguru Style Me Roots to Ends Hair Oil - $19.99 from balancedguru.com


This little bottle actually has quite a bit in it. I put one or two drops in my palm and work it through my damp hair, and it helps keep the frizzies at bay - not an easy task for my crazy hair!

Urban Decay Lip Gloss in Failbait - $22 at urbandecay.com


If only I used lip gloss enough to justify the price tag! The gloss was really smooth and the color was bold without being too off the wall. Loved it and I was sad when my sample ran out!

Nuxe-Reve de Miel Makeup Removing-Cleansing Gel - $19.00 at target.com


Mmm, yes. I like this stuff. It smells really good and it feels like it's exfoliating as well as removing makeup. I don't like a lot of makeup removers because my skin feels either dry or oily after using them, but this stuff makes my skin feel super clean and nice!

J. Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in Hikilicious - $5.99 at jcatbeauty.com

This was another bold lip color for me, but I was a big fan of how easy it was to apply and how long it lasted. Given the $6 price tag, it might be worth the investment!

Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - $34.00 at vasanticosmetics.com

These expensive sample sizes really make the $10 monthly price tag worth it for me, honestly. I can usually get 4 or 5 uses out of a sample size (at least), so when I find an expensive product I like, I try to make it last even longer :) This stuff is some good stuff. It makes my skin feel super clean and refreshed. When I use a lot of drugstore face washes, my face really doesn't feel that much cleaner than before, but this face wash really did the trick. It's definitely not a miracle product but it did make my skin look healthier and more glowy!

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner - $45.00 at sephora.com

Okay, the $45.00 price tag is just a little too much for this frugal gal, but this product is hands-down the best product Ipsy has sent me. You apply it like a mask and it turns blue when it's dry, which makes it really easy to wash off. It really does feel like my pores have been sucked completely dry, which sounds gross, but is surprisingly pleasant. I am a little mad at Ipsy for getting me hooked on such an expensive product, not going to lie. I may just bite the bullet and buy it for myself as a present because that's how much I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment